COD7 Hands-On Summary
Several gaming sites have posted their impressions of Call of Duty Black Ops. With dozens of different articles and interviews we decided to post a summary of all the new information, although some bits have been confirmed before. Check out the list below:
- Vietnam is just a small part of the story. The games story is set across a large period of time.
- Some of the singleplayer maps are based on multiplayer maps, which is usually the other way around.
- In some missions you have the option to move in stealthily or go in guns blazing.
- The enemy AI is smarter. They will now try to dodge if you aim at them.
- Multiplayer has been in development from day one.
- Lean is back!
- Vehicles will be returning.
- Create-A-Class 2.0 includes deep customization and new features.
- The game will include a "barebones" game mode.
- As the name implies, there won't be any perks or killstreaks, just old school gameplay.
- Many familiar weapons will be making a return, including the AK-47.
- The region filter is back.
- Improved matchmaking and server browser.
- Modern Warfare 2's host migration will be included.
- Auto-Aim can be turned on/off.
- PC gamers will be able to enjoy the comfort and luxury of dedicated servers.
- The PC version will have an anti-cheat software, but it's unknown if it's Punkbuster.
- There will be support for the competitive community, which will include great tools.
- The team focusing on the multiplayer aspect of the game is twice the size (World at War).
- There will be 2-4 player co-op.
- Supports 2 player offline split-screen.
- It won't be based on the singleplayer campaign.
- Zombies might be making a return from World at War.
- The game engine is a heavily modified version of the IW engine which was used in World at War.
- The game runs at 60 FPS!
- Physics destruction is going to be limited, so no Battlefield Bad Company 2 style "blow holes in the walls" gameplay.
- The PC version will look better than the console versions (duh).
- There are over 200 people working on Black Ops!
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is the latest COD game developed by Sledgehammer Games. Like last year's COD: Ghosts, the next call of duty game is designed to harness the power of next-gen consoles, featuring realistic graphics, new weaponry, perks, scorestreaks and multiplayer maps. Multiplayer in Call of Duty: AW will be available on Xbox LIVE (Xbox 360 / One), PSN (PS3 / PS4) and Steam. Xbox LIVE requires Gold Membership.